Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Holy Crap - 1 Day before flying to India

I'm typing this now as I'm sitting on the train coming from Den Haag. Why Den Haag (or The Hague for the non-Dutcie wutchies)? These idiots told me I needed to come in for an interview. And no, they didnt call me - I was getting so antsy that I called them! Anyways, after waiting almost 4 hours, I got interviewed, then was forced to walk back and forth betwen the Indian Visa office and the Indian Embassy twice. Even non-Dutch organizations have embraced the idiotic beurocracy that is so ingrained into Dutch business dealings.

So, this was basically the last piece of the beurocratic puzzle for me. Now I can finally enter India, and also legally drive! This afternoon I will poke my head into work, knock out some remaining loose ends, and get my ass to packing.. ok that sounded not so kosher.

Tomorrow, I intend to work from home before my 7:50pm flight from Brussels. I'm finally feeling the butterflies and the excitement for this trip. Once I hit the ground at Gawahti and meet up with Augie, I think we'll finally ease up a bit and get into the grind. Next update will most definitely be from India! Cya!

No comments:

Post a Comment